- Beijing's Population Decline For First Time In 2 Decades. Here's Whyon March 22, 2023 at 12:07 am
The death rate in China's capital Beijing surpassed its birth rate in 2022, official data showed on Tuesday, pushing its natural population growth into negative territory for the first time since 2003.
- "Vampiric Overconsumption" Water Use Leading To Imminent Global Crisis: UNon March 21, 2023 at 11:50 pm
Humanity's "lifeblood" -- water -- is increasingly at risk around the world due to "vampiric overconsumption and overdevelopment," the UN warned in a report, published hours ahead of a major summit on the issue was set to begin Wednesday.
- US Dismisses China Mediation On Ukraine As Not 'Impartial'on March 21, 2023 at 9:45 pm
The United States said Tuesday it does not see China as capable of being an impartial mediator between Moscow and Kyiv over the war in Ukraine.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Meta Sued For Failing To Address Sex Traffickingon March 21, 2023 at 8:13 pm
A new lawsuit accuses Mark Zuckerberg and other Meta Platforms Inc executives and directors of failing to do enough to stop sex trafficking and child sexual exploitation on Facebook and Instagram.
- Xi Jinping, Putin Hail 'New Era' Of Ties In United Front Against Weston March 21, 2023 at 7:44 pm
China and Russia's leaders hailed a "new era" in their relationship on Tuesday, putting on a united front in Moscow as Vladimir Putin accused the West of rejecting Beijing's proposals to end the Ukraine conflict.
- 2 Killed, 6 Injured As Powerful 6.8 Magnitude Earthquake Jolts Pakistanon March 21, 2023 at 7:22 pm
At least five people were injured when a powerful earthquake of 6.8 magnitude jolted parts of Pakistan on Tuesday night, sparking panic and forcing residents to flee homes, local media reports said.
- Vladimir Putin Says Chinese Proposal Could Be Basis For Peace In Ukraineon March 21, 2023 at 7:21 pm
Russian President Vladimir Putin said after talks with Chinese leader Xi Jinping on Tuesday that Chinese proposals could be used as the basis of a peace settlement in Ukraine, but that the West and Kyiv were not yet ready.
- Swiss Brace For Major Job Losses After Credit Suisse Buyouton March 21, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Tens of thousands of jobs could disappear in Switzerland following UBS's emergency takeover of its troubled rival Credit Suisse, observers warned Tuesday, as unions demanded a rescue package for banking staff.
- Video Shows US Cops Restraining Black Man Who Died At Mental Hospitalon March 21, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Disturbing video footage released Tuesday shows the death of a 28-year-old Black man as he was being admitted to a US mental hospital, where he was forcibly restrained by as many as 10 police officers and hospital security guards.
- Man Set On Fire Near Mosque In UK's Birminghamon March 21, 2023 at 5:44 pm
The UK police have launched an investigation after a man walking home from the mosque in Birmingham was set on fire by a male suspect.