- BPCL to spend Rs 1.4 lakh crore on petchem, gas businesson August 15, 2022 at 9:10 am
As countries across the world opt for cleaner, carbon-free fuel, oil companies are looking at businesses to de-risk their mainstay hydrocarbon operations.
- Income tax e-filing, GSTN portals working 'pretty well': Infosys CEOon August 15, 2022 at 8:22 am
The income tax e-filing and GST Network portals are working "pretty well" and the systems are running effectively, Infosys CEO Salil Parekh has said. Infosys has developed both the portals and is also the backend technology support provider. The users of the e-filing portal had experienced difficulties when it was launched on June 7 last year and since then it has seen glitches happening on and off.
- Paperless travel: Delhi airport rolls out beta version of DigiYatra appon August 15, 2022 at 7:16 am
Paperless domestic air travel under the government’s ambitious “DigiYatra” (DY) will soon become a reality at IGI Airport. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) on Monday announced the soft launch with a beta version DY app presently available on Playstore (for Andriod platform). The same app will be available at App Store (for IOS platform) in a few weeks’ time, it said.
- Global trends, inflation data to chart trajectory for equity marketon August 15, 2022 at 6:53 am
Investors will be keeping a watch on Wholesale Price Index (WPI) data, scheduled to be released on Tuesday, amid the retail inflation falling to 6.71 per cent in July and industrial production growing in June.
- Wait for 5G is over, India's 'Techade' is here: PM Modion August 15, 2022 at 4:54 am
"We are bringing revolution through 'Digital India' to the grassroots levels and soon, every village will be connected digitally as we usher in the 5G era," Modi said during his speech from the ramparts of the Red Fort. The Prime Minister is likely to officially launch the 5G network during the India Mobile Congress (IMC) on September 29.
- India achieved 10% ethanol blending target ahead of schedule: PMon August 15, 2022 at 4:29 am
Addressing the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the 76th Independence Day, he rooted for energy independence and a nation self-sufficient in meeting its energy needs. "We need to be Aatmanirbhar (self-sufficient) in our energy sector," he said.
- [email protected]: How India became 6th largest economy in worldon August 15, 2022 at 4:28 am
- Finance ministry will review tax regime free of exemptionson August 15, 2022 at 3:02 am
The finance ministry is proposing to soon review the exemption-free new tax regime with a view to making it more attractive for individual income taxpayers, sources have said.
- Only Indian tech will power BSNL’s 4G, 5G upgrade: Govton August 15, 2022 at 2:57 am
The government has decided to restrict foreign telecom vendors from the mega 4G and 5G modernisation projects at BSNL and MTNL – which have been handed out a Rs 1. 64 lakh crore revival package – and instructions have been given to award contracts primarily to Indian companies.
- China's retail, factory sectors unexpectedly slow in Julyon August 15, 2022 at 2:44 am
China's economy unexpectedly slowed in July, with activity indicators from industrial output to retail sales missing forecasts by large margins, pointing to a shaky recovery as Beijing shows no sign of easing its zero-Covid policy. Retail sales, which only turned positive in June, rose 2.7% from a year ago, greatly missing analysts' forecast for 5.0% growth.