- Australia look to ace West Indies Test after T20 flopon November 28, 2022 at 4:44 pm
Australia’s summer of cricket starts in earnest on Wednesday as the top-ranked Test side begin a two-match series against West Indies, albeit amid little fanfare after three months of continual white-ball matches across the country.
- Maninder Singh, SS Das apply for Team India selector poston November 28, 2022 at 4:16 pm
Former left-arm spinner Maninder Singh and opener Shiv Sunder Das were among several candidates who have applied for the India senior selectors' posts. The deadline for the applications closed on Monday (November 28) and it is understood that more than 50 persons have applied for the job but there aren't too many heavyweights in the fray.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Chirag Jani stars as Saurashtra beat TN to enter semison November 28, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Chirag Jani came up with an all-round show (52 not out and 3/52) as Saurashtra defeated Tamil Nadu by 44 runs to enter the semifinals of the Vijay Hazare Trophy on Monday.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Parag's blistering 174 powers Assam into semison November 28, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Riyan Parag smashed a superb 116-ball 174 to help Assam chase down a mammoth target of 351 in 46.1 overs against Jammu & Kashmir in their quarterfinal on Monday.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Record-breaking Gaikwad guides Maharashtra into semison November 28, 2022 at 12:57 pm
Double centurion Ruturaj Gaikwad blazed his way into the record books, smashing seven sixes in a 43-run over as Maharashtra outplayed Uttar Pradesh by 58 runs to storm into the Vijay Hazare Trophy semi-finals here on Monday. Opting to bowl, Uttar Pradesh were in for a shocker as the Maharashtra skipper went hammer and tongs at the Motera B ground during his knock of 220 that came off 159 balls, propelling Maharashtra to 330 for five.
- Saleem Malik was negative, selfish and treated me like a servant: Wasim Akramon November 28, 2022 at 11:36 am
Pace legend Wasim Akram in his biography 'Sultan: A Memoir' accused his former Pakistan teammate Saleem Malik of being selfish and negative. The startling revelations in the biography also read that Malik treated Akram like a servant in the early phase of his career, making him give massage, clean his clothes and boots.
- Kotak, Cooley, Dilip to shoulder coaching responsibility for India A tour of B'deshon November 28, 2022 at 10:50 am
Former Saurashtra captain Sitanshu Kotak has been handed the coaching responsibilities for the India 'A' squad which is currently touring Bangladesh for two four-day 'Test' matches, beginning Tuesday. One of the batting coaches at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), Kotak will be assisted by Troy Cooley and T Dilip, the national team's fielding coach.
- Public has almost overdosed on cricket: Steve Waughon November 28, 2022 at 10:38 am
Just three days after the T20 World Cup final Down Under, Australia played an insignificant 3-match one-day international series against the champions England which saw a poor turnout to the stadiums. This in turn led to the criticism of the Australian Cricket Board for the manner in which the series was scheduled, immediately after the T20 showpiece.
- Dravid, Rohit must shield Arshdeep from advice overdose: Leeon November 28, 2022 at 10:08 am
Terming an overdose of advice to be "counter-productive", former Australian fast bowler Brett Lee wants India coach Rahul Dravid and captain Rohit Sharma to shield rising left-arm pacer Arshdeep Singh from suggestions from various quarters.
- Watch: 7 sixes in an over! Ruturaj Gaikwad makes cricket historyon November 28, 2022 at 9:00 am
Finishing with 220 not out in 159 balls, including a jaw-dropping 16 sixes besides 10 fours, Maharashtra batter Gaikwad hit a hapless Shiva Singh of Uttar Pradesh for 6-6-6(no-ball)-6-6-6-6 in the over, which also equalled the List-A world record of 43 runs in an over. Gaikwad's blitzkrieg powered Maharashtra to 330/5 in their 50 overs.